Why Vacuum Pack?
- Vacuum packing extends the shelf life by 2-5 times longer than a standard cold chamber storage.
- It gives you traceability
- Offers optimum protection for the product.
- Presents the product well.
- If used in conjunction with a water bath for sous-vide cooking, the process enhances the flavour
Vacuum packed food approximate shelf life extension
Meat Natural duration 3 days / Vacuum refrigerated 15 days
Fish Natural duration 3 days / Vacuum refrigerated 12 days
Vegetables Natural duration 7 days / Vacuum refrigerated 25 days
Ham Natural duration 5 days / Vacuum refrigerated 20 days
Cooked dishes (e.g. rice, pasta): Natural duration 3 days / Vacuum refrigerated 15 days
- Vacuum packing gives protection and volume reduction.
- External dust and dirt are kept out.
- The airtight package delays corrosion and keeps moisture from getting to the product.
- Scratches and chafing are prevented during transport.
- Certain plastics and rubbers don’t dry out when placed in an airtight package.
- Composite packages are guaranteed complete.
- Storage and transportation costs are reduced.
- A vacuum packed package prevents fraud.